When he was young, he would approach random groups of young people and just begin to talk. Striking up conversations for him was an everyday thing. He would make friends like it was business.
When the 19-year-old young man approached the young man that appeared to be a gang member, He had no fear in his voice. His arm reached out and shook the other guys hand. They talked for a while and within a few minutes he had gained the other guys trust and respect, they became friends and even approached several young ladies as a team.
When the 20-year-old young man approached the 19-year-old young lady, He had the confidence of Babe Ruth stepping up to the plate. There he stood with his Lakers jersey with no undershirt on and his jeans. He talked to the young lady and it was as if she immediately felt comfortable with him. They talked as if they had known each other for life.
Believe it or not, these words are about me, lol. And this blog is about socializing, making friends. I used to be such a social creature! I would approach guys and just form friendships with them with quickness. I would approach girls so easily and also make friends with them, lol. I used to be able to talk to people. I used to love social situations because they gave me the opportunity to be (surprise surprise) social! I used to love to approach people in public and just start talking to them and eventually form friendships with them.
And then something happened. The aging process, the adult world and the invention of myspace and other social networking sight withered away my…sociality. (Would that be the word? Lol) I don’t really like talking to people anymore, I’d rather just write blogs and have people read them, lol. Id rather not approach groups of people because it is too much work. I already have a girlfriend so I don’t need to make new female friends. I’m a guy so other guys might think its gay if I just go up and talk to them, lol. What happened to me, I used to be so social. All my social skills have withered away… THANKS INTERNET!!! lol
These days its as if people already have their social circles that nobody is allowed to enter. I do understand this though. I have trust issues with friends so it's not just anybody that I allow to be my friend. But my belief is that people don't want others to enter their circle. Either that or they are like me and their social skills are shot! lol. What happened to the good ol days when you could just befriend anybody? Do we have to go back to the hippie times so that everybody can get along, lol. j/p I don't like hippies. I understand that with the amount of creepy crazies out there it's hard to know who to trust. What I would give to go back to the days when the world was still young and had not yet turned into the decaying civilization as we know it today.
anybody feel me on this?
About Me
- J
- I love writing. If you want to know anything else just ask me or else read up! I have two blogs ("A Pen Itching To Bleed Onto Paper" and "The Rebirth of J"). One of my blogs (A Pen...) is updated more frequently than the other. "The Rebirth” is more of a story I am writing with my life whereas "A Pen" would be my random thoughts past, present, and future in this unfolding journey I call life. If this is your first time reading my blog, please visit Post #2 for the month of April 2008 in my "A Pen" blog archives... Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
absolutely...i do feel that with blogging and myspace and texting and all that jazz..yea, real communication is a lost art form. lol. and it does kinda suck. yea, and the institution story, i could write a blog about it, but i prefer not to share that with the whole world..yet. email me and i'll tell ya.
Post a Comment