About Me

My photo
I love writing. If you want to know anything else just ask me or else read up! I have two blogs ("A Pen Itching To Bleed Onto Paper" and "The Rebirth of J"). One of my blogs (A Pen...) is updated more frequently than the other. "The Rebirth” is more of a story I am writing with my life whereas "A Pen" would be my random thoughts past, present, and future in this unfolding journey I call life. If this is your first time reading my blog, please visit Post #2 for the month of April 2008 in my "A Pen" blog archives... Thanks!

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Reunion? No thanks, lol!

When I was in High School I was voted Most Shy in my class. This is interesting because senior year was the time that I began to come out of my shell, began being loud in classes, and got in trouble in classes for talking too much! And just because I chose NOT to talk to the “popular kids,” they decided that I was shy! Oh high school politics, lol.
Fast forward ten years and here I am living in a bigger city, biggest talker of all my social circles (by the way now I have social circles, lol), I work as a professional public speaker, I have spoken in front of hundreds of people, I have met tons of people, I have met the love of my life, I am no longer a trouble maker, My life belongs to Christ. Suffice it to say that I am a completely different creation than I was 10 years ago!
So here I am, being invited to my “10 year high school reunion,” and can you blame me for not wanting to attend? High school seems so distant to me that I really don’t see a point in attending. Those people were strangers back then and they are strangers now. And I know the arguments, “don’t you wanna show them how far you have come?” “don’t you want to show them how much you have changed?” “Don’t you want them to see how your old friends are doing?” and the answer to all of those is NO! lol It’s all part of history now. It’s dust in the wind, What I need to do is focus on the future, thank you very much! :)

2 comments:

Paula said...

Oh my goodness you are so young. I can understand you not wanting to go. So many times the high school politics haven't changed that much. I did go to my 50th a few years ago and enjoyed it somewhat but the whole school one they have every year I do not attend.

Story of a Girl said...

Yep- good decision. lol i wouldn't ever want to attend those. I don't want to show off, or show my weaknesses to a bunch of fake people that don't know me. lol