About Me

My photo
I love writing. If you want to know anything else just ask me or else read up! I have two blogs ("A Pen Itching To Bleed Onto Paper" and "The Rebirth of J"). One of my blogs (A Pen...) is updated more frequently than the other. "The Rebirth” is more of a story I am writing with my life whereas "A Pen" would be my random thoughts past, present, and future in this unfolding journey I call life. If this is your first time reading my blog, please visit Post #2 for the month of April 2008 in my "A Pen" blog archives... Thanks!

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Sickening!

In Richmond, about an hour away from me, a 15 yr old girl was gang raped by teens and adults after a school dance. According to sources the girl was on her way to catch a ride with her father when she was invited to drink alcohol with a group of students on school grounds. After consuming a large quantity of alcohol in a short amount of time the men gang raped her with others coming along after it had started and joining in as well. Sources say that there were several people ranging from their teens to mid 20’s that witnessed the atrocious act and then failed to report it to police. In fact the only reason that anybody found out was because a couple of guys that participated in the act were bragging about it at a party and somebody there called the police.
My question is, how are a bunch of people gonna witness something like this and do nothing about it. How can some of these people record it on their phones and not feel a bit of remorse? How could you actually stand there and watch this taking place without anything inside you saying “wait a minute, something is wrong here?!” It all makes me sick!

3 comments:

Paula said...

I find it sickening too. What is going on with our world? Young boys can have terrible things happen to them to as when a girl accuses and it isn't true. It is sooo sad these young people can be scarred for life.

Clueless said...

I find it appalling what people can do to one another. I really feel compassion and sadness for this teenager. I hope that she gets the help that she needs and the support from family and friends. It reminds me of all that I have been through and hope that she will grow from this...it is going to be tough for her.

Anonymous said...

this is what Jesus came to stop when He paid our penalty for us but called us all to repent of our evil deeds...this should not be happening and it is wrong and i am grateful that we have a God that agrees that it is wrong and though for now he is showing patience in order to give them a chance to escape eternal punishment for it because He is merciful and gracious, but one day He will put a stop to it and we will be free from these sick, twisted and terrible things that we experience and see happening to those around us. i pray for this girl and for those that did this to her.