About Me

My photo
I love writing. If you want to know anything else just ask me or else read up! I have two blogs ("A Pen Itching To Bleed Onto Paper" and "The Rebirth of J"). One of my blogs (A Pen...) is updated more frequently than the other. "The Rebirth” is more of a story I am writing with my life whereas "A Pen" would be my random thoughts past, present, and future in this unfolding journey I call life. If this is your first time reading my blog, please visit Post #2 for the month of April 2008 in my "A Pen" blog archives... Thanks!

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Intelligence

I wish I was smarter. Don’t get me wrong, I know I’m not stupid; I’m a bright guy and I thank God for that. I breezed through high school without even trying. I did all my college years without a problem except in classes where I simply stopped going or stopped trying. Its just that occasionally I run across these well educated types with degrees up to ying-yang, a vocabulary that leaves me spinning circles and an uncanny form of logic that leaves me smiling and nodding. God, I wish I was like one of them. Those intellectual types that know for a fact that they have it all figured out and pick up new pieces of information easily continually adding on to their amassed wealth of knowledge.
As for me I realize that I am stuck in the middle somewhere. I’m not smart enough to fit into the category above and I’m smart enough to understand that I’m not stupid but I’m not super intelligent either. Perhaps I would be better off if I were a person who couldn’t understand that I’m not as intelligent as others therefore being okay with my level of intelligence. But I’m not! I am well aware that I am not as smart as other people but smarter than some. God, now I just sound like a pompous jerk so I think I’ll stop now. I just wish I was smarter, that’s all.

No comments: