About Me

My photo
I love writing. If you want to know anything else just ask me or else read up! I have two blogs ("A Pen Itching To Bleed Onto Paper" and "The Rebirth of J"). One of my blogs (A Pen...) is updated more frequently than the other. "The Rebirth” is more of a story I am writing with my life whereas "A Pen" would be my random thoughts past, present, and future in this unfolding journey I call life. If this is your first time reading my blog, please visit Post #2 for the month of April 2008 in my "A Pen" blog archives... Thanks!

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

These are the best days of our lives...

Its funny how the simplest of things can really make you remember what's important. Yesterday I did what I have done many a day but for some reason it really stood out. It wasn't anything extraordinary, in fact it was quite the opposite, just an ordinary day.

I didn't go to work. I wasn't feeling well. I slept in and then watched movies. I hung out with my friends and we chilled in Davis. After that we went to a movie and although it was a serious movie, we found ways to just enjoy it and have fun since the theater was almost empty. We laughed all the way through the movie but also watched serious moments peacefully. Afterwords we had a long walk around the theater to the car and it began to rain. we started splashing around the puddles like we were little kids just laughing it up. Then we went out to eat and told funny stories and laughed some more.

I'll tell you, I haven't laughed that hard in a while. I love those times when you laugh so hard your side hurts. I honestly believe that each time you do that it changes you for the better. I had a good time just hanging with family and friends. You may think that its not a big deal, but it is. Every time that you can hang out and enjoy the company of family and true friends, it becomes one of the best days of your life whether you realize it or not. All this to say that honestly, I'm doing good right now. I hope to remember these days when all is gray in the world and also to look ahead to better times.

2 comments:

milai said...

Good for you. :)

Hope you're feeling better now. Take care.

Amelia said...

I know what you mean.. I had a freakin' blast last weekend and it meant the world to me..