So then we lost touch when he moved down there earlier this year. I would hear random reports from Rigo and Outsiders brother about him living in a small apartment and working at a warehouse, but that’s it.
So I heard from him last week. He says he’s doing cool. He’s looking for a job and put me down as a reference. He sounds kind of miserable, but he’s not the type to admit when he made a bad decision. The cool part is that they actually seem to be in love. I know he loves her like crazy but it was always a doubt in my mind as to whether or not she truly loved him but after being married all this time, well, it seems like it’s the real deal so I’m happy for him.
I am however mad at her for taking my best friend away from me, but its all cool. I look at his life and even though I see love, I don’t see stability. No emotional, financial, or residential stability and so it makes me wonder how they could make such a huge decision like getting married and moving to a place where rent is so high. It just doesn’t make sense to me. I know “love conquers all” and all that jazz, but I’m a realist. I see them struggling and I know it’s not something I want for my wife or myself.
They went off on a whim and got married and moved in together and I don’t understand it. I personally could never do that. I need to know everything will be cool before I would even propose or anything. Also my wedding has to be huge due to my girls over-sized family, so that keeps me from getting married soon as well, lol. Well anyways, my boys decision to get married and move away makes me think a lot about how people can just go out and get married without being 100% sure about anything. It just seems so irresponsible and foolish. I don’t know, opinions anybody?
About Me
- J
- I love writing. If you want to know anything else just ask me or else read up! I have two blogs ("A Pen Itching To Bleed Onto Paper" and "The Rebirth of J"). One of my blogs (A Pen...) is updated more frequently than the other. "The Rebirth” is more of a story I am writing with my life whereas "A Pen" would be my random thoughts past, present, and future in this unfolding journey I call life. If this is your first time reading my blog, please visit Post #2 for the month of April 2008 in my "A Pen" blog archives... Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
well they definately are the kind of people who don't think too far ahead, or they can think ahead and not care. Maybe he thought if he didn't get hitched he would lose her for good, and she well decided to give it all up and take a chance.. I think some people get married even when they know they are not stable or they are going to struggle because they are ok with struggling together. I guess they'd rather struggle together than wait and be apart.. Sounds like nonsense but its true. I'm sorry that your girl has an "over-sized" family.. that must be tough, but surely she didn't ask to be born to a huge family... Unfortunately and fortunately they are a part of her life.
It has its pros and cons.. but don't let that determine much.
Post a Comment