It was one of those fridays where I decided to do something I wasn't too sure about in the name of trying new things. My sister really wanted to go to a show in Midtown with three performers from "The voice." I'm not a big fan of the show but i agreed to go anyway since it was going to be an acoustic show and those are usually pretty great. Of the three performers one REALLY stood out. She started with a rendition of "Moves Like Jagger" by Maroon 5 that grabbed the attention of all in the room immediately and held on until her last interpretation of Killing me softly brought the crowd back to reality. This girl was beyond a musical performer. She is one of those performers that oozes charisma and struck a chemistry with the audience that only few artists can successfully achieve, she was a star. The girl left me wanting to yell out "One more song" in the small venue where she wasn't even headlining. As soon as I got home I was already downloading some of her songs and this was one of them. Payphone is another song by Maroon 5, one of my favorite bands. The only problem with the regular version of this song is an ill-placed rap cameo by a little talentless rapper that doesn't even fit with the song. Aside from that, Maroon 5 does a great job. Karla Davis does a phenomenal job covering the song minus the rap part which made it ten times better. enjoy!
Karla Davis - Payphone (Cover)
I'm at a payphone trying to call home
All of my change I spent on you
Where have the times gone
Baby it's all wrong, where are the plans we made for two?
Yeah, I, I know it's hard to remember
The people we used to be
It's even harder to picture
That you're not here next to me
You say it's too late to make it
But is it too late to try?
And in our time that you wasted
All of our bridges burned down
I've wasted my nights
You turned out the lights
Now I'm paralyzed
Still stuck in that time when we called it love
But even the sun sets in paradise
I'm at a payphone trying to call home
All of my change I spent on you
Where have the times gone
Baby it's all wrong, where are the plans we made for two?
If happy ever after did exist
I would still be holding you like this
All those fairytales are full of sh*t
One more stupid love song I'll be sick
You turned your back on tomorrow
Cause you forgot yesterday
I gave you my love to borrow
But just gave it away
You can't expect me to be fine
I don't expect you to care
I know I've said it before
But all of our bridges burned down
I've wasted my nights
You turned out the lights
Now I'm paralyzed
Still stuck in that time when we called it love
But even the sun sets in paradise
I'm at a payphone trying to call home
All of my change I spent on you
Where have the times gone
Baby it's all wrong, where are the plans we made for two?
If happy ever after did exist
I would still be holding you like this
All those fairytales are full of sh*t
One more stupid love song I'll be sick
I'm at a payphone trying to call home
All of my change I spent on you
Where have the times gone
Baby it's all wrong, where are the plans we made for two?
If happy ever after did exist
I would still be holding you like this
All those fairytales are full of sh*t
One more stupid love song I'll be sick
Now I'm at a payphone...
About Me
- J
- I love writing. If you want to know anything else just ask me or else read up! I have two blogs ("A Pen Itching To Bleed Onto Paper" and "The Rebirth of J"). One of my blogs (A Pen...) is updated more frequently than the other. "The Rebirth” is more of a story I am writing with my life whereas "A Pen" would be my random thoughts past, present, and future in this unfolding journey I call life. If this is your first time reading my blog, please visit Post #2 for the month of April 2008 in my "A Pen" blog archives... Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
she was real good in person. glad you guys liked the show, lol
Post a Comment