About Me

My photo
I love writing. If you want to know anything else just ask me or else read up! I have two blogs ("A Pen Itching To Bleed Onto Paper" and "The Rebirth of J"). One of my blogs (A Pen...) is updated more frequently than the other. "The Rebirth” is more of a story I am writing with my life whereas "A Pen" would be my random thoughts past, present, and future in this unfolding journey I call life. If this is your first time reading my blog, please visit Post #2 for the month of April 2008 in my "A Pen" blog archives... Thanks!

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Seeing One Of My Favorite Authors!



When Donald Miller picked up a pen and notepad or started typing on his laptop, I wonder if he was confident about what he was writing and the way that he wrote. I wonder how many times he re-wrote his first book before he realized that people would love it? Or did he even think that people would love it? I wonder if there were times when he criticized his own words or his flow and simply thought he wasn’t good enough.
And I wonder if he realized that those thoughts, that uncertainty and lack of confidence paired with his tremendous intellect and understanding of the love of Christ is exactly what would draw others to his writing, including myself. I love picking up a book and thinking, wow, this person writes the way that I think, and that is exactly what I think when I read Donald Miller’s Writing. And so I’m pleased to announce that hopefully at the end of this month I will be catching one of Mr. Millers Tour dates and listening to him speak about his newest book “A Million Miles in A thousand Years.” I’m excited!

1 comment:

Story of a Girl said...

Very nice. exciting. picture and autography time;)