About Me

My photo
I love writing. If you want to know anything else just ask me or else read up! I have two blogs ("A Pen Itching To Bleed Onto Paper" and "The Rebirth of J"). One of my blogs (A Pen...) is updated more frequently than the other. "The Rebirth” is more of a story I am writing with my life whereas "A Pen" would be my random thoughts past, present, and future in this unfolding journey I call life. If this is your first time reading my blog, please visit Post #2 for the month of April 2008 in my "A Pen" blog archives... Thanks!

Monday, February 2, 2009

You will always be in my heart, with unconditional love

Hanging out with my friends in Chico this weekend really opened my eyes to the idea of feeling loved by a community of people. In theory the church is supposed to fill this role of offering safe, non-judgmental communities but somewhere along the line I think we lost sight of something that is VERY important: loving people and making them feel loved.

Upon walking through the door at my friends house, they immediately greet me and they seem sincerely glad that I am there, very quick to ask how my life is going. immediately I begin to feel as if I had never left, joking around, talking crap to each other. lol.

After a while we somehow got into the topic of relationships and they were quick to try to help me with the way some of the things are going in my life when it comes to relationships. They had a sincere desire to help me address my problems and just to help. They listened the whole time.

This whole friendship thing, it really messes with me sometimes...most of the time. Even the church "relationships" sometimes come with certain conditions. Then again they are human beings and I can't expect them to just know what they are supposed to do.

Once in a great while you will find people who just love you... just because. I think my Chico Friends are great people... a little distant at times, but overall they are great people that seem to really care about me. I want to learn to love more like they do and take that into the "christian setting" and hope that when people come across me, that they feel loved and appreciated and that it would all be genuine.

2 comments:

Story of a Girl said...

glad you felt appreciated and that you had fun .

Amelia said...

It's great to have people that love you just because, isn't it?

*HUGS*