
I'm learning to let go. I'm opening my eyes to the way things really are in this world. To believe that all friendships are forever is a fallacy. In the past this would have driven me to the point of anger but at age 26 I realize it is just a fact of life and i'm not mad, I'm okay with it.
I used to try to hang on to people even when they didnt want me to hold on and continue to try to be a great friend to them but not anymore. it doesn't make sense to me anymore. Why would you want to be friends with a person that doesnt want you to be their friend anymore?
To let go is not to hate a person or to consider them your enemy, it is just not allowing your thoughts towards that person weigh you down any longer. I wish I could have discovered this long ago, perhaps my heart wouldnt be as scarred as it is. But as it is I went though what I did and now I look back knowing that from this, I have grown, matured, moved forward and healed.



5 comments:
I have some friendships that have lasted for a long time but maybe times have changed in that direction too. I think they probably have and I think that is kind of sad.
I had to learn that as well... I got tired of being hurt.
*M*
It's never easy seeing friendships end. You can't help wonder if you were ever important to them to begin with. For me...I just decided to accept and enjoy the fact I had them in my life for however long. It gives there friendship to me meaning to look at it that way. In the end our roads diverged on different paths and I wish them all the beauty I wanted for them as a friend. Hope that outlooks makes it easier on you dear one. How anyone could let go of your kind words and sentiments is beyond me. (Hugs)Indigo
I have one friend from Elem. school that I barely talk to anymore. Matter of fact, I just got her new # from an acquaintance. I'm horrible at talking on the phone & keeping in touch so if ppl don't call me then it's mostly my fault that we lose touch.
Blah. I really do need to keep in touch with more ppl. Putting that on my list
Glad you've reached that point. Hopefully i get here one day. It's real hard.
Post a Comment