About Me

My photo
I love writing. If you want to know anything else just ask me or else read up! I have two blogs ("A Pen Itching To Bleed Onto Paper" and "The Rebirth of J"). One of my blogs (A Pen...) is updated more frequently than the other. "The Rebirth” is more of a story I am writing with my life whereas "A Pen" would be my random thoughts past, present, and future in this unfolding journey I call life. If this is your first time reading my blog, please visit Post #2 for the month of April 2008 in my "A Pen" blog archives... Thanks!

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I must tip my hat off to this one...

President Barack Obama's first public act in office Wednesday was to institute new limits on lobbyists in his White House and to freeze the salaries of high-paid aides, in a nod to the country's economic turmoil… The pay freeze, first reported by The Associated Press, would hold salaries at their current levels for the roughly 100 White House employees who make over $100,000 a year. "Families are tightening their belts, and so should Washington," said the new president.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090121/ap_on_go_pr_wh/obama_executive_pay

You gotta love that quote!

1 comment:

Amelia said...

I feel sorry for the people who's money is being taken away. Even the rich work for what they got (unless they won the lottery). They have every right to be rich and that's just part of life.

*M*