So this is the first time in a long time that I allowed my birthday to be known to everybody and not one blog friend wished me a happy birthday. I still appreciate all of you.
The story goes as so, once upon a time I made a big deal about my birthday to everyone that would listen. One day I had a crush on a girl and decided to share the birthday info with her. Much to my surprise she completely forgot my b-day. She not only forgot but also tried to lie about forgetting, crushing my heart and my expectations. Lol. I know the story sounds extremely emo but it really messed with me for a long time. I started noticing all of the people that would forget my birthday (as opposed to those that actually remembered) and decided that I would not celebrate or tell others my b-day at all unless I really trusted them.
As the years passed by my birthday became a small deal to me, just another year.This year i decided to celebrate it.
And so I had a celebration with my sisters, a day out with my family in San Francisco and a day out with my friends in San Jose and by God, I had the time of my life. I got gifts from people that really did mean the world to me. But more than anything I just love and appreciate anybody and everybody that remembered and wished me a happy birthday. For that I am grateful. I praise God today for allowing me to get to 26.
About Me
- J
- I love writing. If you want to know anything else just ask me or else read up! I have two blogs ("A Pen Itching To Bleed Onto Paper" and "The Rebirth of J"). One of my blogs (A Pen...) is updated more frequently than the other. "The Rebirth” is more of a story I am writing with my life whereas "A Pen" would be my random thoughts past, present, and future in this unfolding journey I call life. If this is your first time reading my blog, please visit Post #2 for the month of April 2008 in my "A Pen" blog archives... Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
what are you talking about, i saw someone else wish you a happy-bday. and also i left u a b-day shout out, lol
Post a Comment