...Days have been faily hectic. We've started what we have Christened as project RUSH. (by the way, I'm still looking for the perfect acronym for the name). It has been chaotic but good. Rush is a intensive 45 hour (3 hrs a day, 3 days a week for 5 wks) discipleship program designed to equip young people to find their purpose in His kingdom and grow in their relationship with God. Sounds cool right? lol.
On the real though, I just know that these kids want and need more from God. I'm just trying to help them out. I was never discipled so I had to find out by myself what it was to follow Christ. Originally, i just figured that everybody was supposed to learn that way. Then I had a God given epiphany that we must disciple these youth and help them to Grow in Christ, just as he did with his disciples.
Sooo... all the study time that we are putting in to teach these classes, the lack of sleep and the lack of time; seem worth it when you hear these kids say, "I get it" and "That's tight" when referring to God and these biblical concepts. Pray for us folks, we're barely on day 3!
About Me
- J
- I love writing. If you want to know anything else just ask me or else read up! I have two blogs ("A Pen Itching To Bleed Onto Paper" and "The Rebirth of J"). One of my blogs (A Pen...) is updated more frequently than the other. "The Rebirth” is more of a story I am writing with my life whereas "A Pen" would be my random thoughts past, present, and future in this unfolding journey I call life. If this is your first time reading my blog, please visit Post #2 for the month of April 2008 in my "A Pen" blog archives... Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Really wish I could help you more. I want to go at least next monday to see how it goes:) I commend you and know you must be doing a phenomenal job ;)
Post a Comment