Who am I…??
I’m still trying to find out myself.
I was born and raised in Northern California, the land that I love!
I was born to two working class Salvadorian Parents on one extremely foggy Leap day, lol.
I had a normal childhood for a kid that was poor and hyper.
When i was younger, I was shy.
I had a messed up adolescence full of rebellion, betrayal, and severe amounts of your average teenage angst.
My parents turned Christian when I was in middle school…I WAS NOT A CHRISTIAN!
At age fifteen I joined a street gang I and would remain there for the next few years.
Even my gang years were filled with confusion and deep depression, which subsequently led to heavy drinking as well as drug addiction.
My mom tried to tell me that I was going to hell if I didn’t behave, but in my mind, I was already in hell.
I was headed to Jail, or death with quickness.
THEN ONE DAY GOD RESCUED ME!
And I haven’t been the same since! I still have my emo days, but nothing that my God can’t handle.
God blessed me with the most Awesome Gorgeous, brilliant, intelligent, attractive, Woman of God that I could ever have dreamed of!
I am youth pastor for Other Side Uth Ministries at New Life Community Church.
I work at a Domestic Violence/ Rape Crisis Center in Northern California.
I love writing poetry and short stories and all kinds of stuff and at some point in the future I will definitely be writing a book.
I've been hurt many times by many friends so it makes it EXTREMELY hard for me to trust people, but I try.
I miss Chico, CA!
I love music, Slam poetry, Journaling, and staying up all night.
I love my life. I love God.
That’s who I am…so far!
About Me
- J
- I love writing. If you want to know anything else just ask me or else read up! I have two blogs ("A Pen Itching To Bleed Onto Paper" and "The Rebirth of J"). One of my blogs (A Pen...) is updated more frequently than the other. "The Rebirth” is more of a story I am writing with my life whereas "A Pen" would be my random thoughts past, present, and future in this unfolding journey I call life. If this is your first time reading my blog, please visit Post #2 for the month of April 2008 in my "A Pen" blog archives... Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
jr this is beautiful and I specially like this and i quote:
"My mom tried to tell me that I was going to hell if I didn’t behave, but in my mind, I was already in hell."
hell is what so many of our young people are living NOW...
but our saviour is the only one who can give us purpose, and a destiny FULL of Hope...
Blessings, u are in my prayers...
and its amazing how much u have changed from the young "gangster i use to see @ bethany" to a man serving God!!
AWESOME, continue going strong for the lord!!!!
Hey J! Thanks for stopping by my spot. Wonderful blog you've got here. I shall be stopping by more often :-)
I understand with the whole religion thing. My parents are what I call inactive Buddhists (they are but don't go to temple or anything. Just have the statue & incense at home & stuff)
But yea, I never was taught much about Buddhism so I grew up considering myself a spiritual athiest if that makes sense. I've always believed in a higher being, just didn't know who.
Anyways, I went to Church for the 1st time when I met my boyfriend years ago & I am now a Christian.
And to answer your question, I know Slim through our friends & family. Basically his gf is one of our friend's cousin. And also my bf does music with him. Check his music out if you'd like: "Brefontaine" on my "Good music to check out" list on the side. Yea he's a great guy & the music is def. hot.
Nice to meet you!
Hanh
Well, nice to meet you Juan. Interesting how much you've changed.. it just proves it can be done, right? I've made many changes myself.
Thanks for stopping by my blog. *M*
Post a Comment